Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Heartland Gourmet Product Review




Today I received four boxes of mix's from a company called Heartland Gourmet. The mix's I am about to test are red velvet cupcake mix, cornbread, carrot cake mix and lemon cupcake mix. But before I get ready I want to tell you a little about the company.

Heartland Gourmet is a family business, that use's fine ingredients in all their products. The mix's are gluten free, and are purely organic for your baking needs.

First up for the gluten free southern cornbread mix. With this I made, yes, what else corn muffins. They were very flavorful and moist, and they held together very well. And with a pat of butter, the muffin just melted in your mouth. The mix is gluten free so its healthy for everyone. With this mix you can also make one loaf of cornbread or two mini loafs.



Next up I used the gluten free carrot cake mix. With this I made one dozen cupcakes. But the box will also produce a 9 x 13 cake. With this mix I added some shredded carrots, and topped the cupcakes with a homemade cream cheese icing. Again the cupcakes were very moist and very flavorful. It was a step back in time when Grandma used to make these fav's. The whole house just smelled yummy. On the box was a recipe for icing as well.



The mix's so far are easy to use, and you need little ingredients from your pantry.

Next I made a cake with the gluten free lemon cupcake mix. I also added into the mix grated lemon peel and for the liquid needed, I substituted lemon aide. It came out with a flavorful lemon flavor. For the icing on the cake, I made the lemon cream cheese icing that was suggested. You would never know these products were made with gluten free flour.



For the gluten free red velvet cupcake mix, I made, you guessed it cupcakes. I topped them this time with vanilla icing and took some cake crumbs and sprinkled them on top. Again the mix made very moist and flavorful cupcakes.



All the mix's were easy to use, and produced quality cakes.

If you are interested in trying Heartland Gourmet's products please go to their website and check out what they have to offer. www.heartlandgourmet.com

There is a ton of information on the site for you, including some great recipes for their mix's.



Disclaimer: Momzblotter has personally reviewed the product listed above. Momzblotter has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Momzblotter did receive a free product to try out so Momzblotter could evaluate and use it for her review. Momzblotter's thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your  opinions may differ.





No comments: