Friday, April 12, 2013




Today I received two curd and tart fillings from a company, Robert Rothschild Farm. The company has sent me several products to review in the past, and I always look forward to the new one's they send. Robert Rothschild farm, is proudly owned and operated by family in Urbana Ohio. They have over the years, produced award winning foods, like toppings, curds, dips, sauces and much more. Their products are made with care, and love, which you taste in each bite. 










The first product I tasted and reviewed is the Lemon Curd & Tart Filling. The filling is just so delectable, and fresh tasting. You get the tartness from the fresh lemons, and the sweetness comes from the sugar. The filling can be used not only for baking but for cooking as well. It can also be simply used as a spread on a fresh baked scone. The recipe ideas are just endless. For my taste test I used it in baking, a small tart, and some lemon curd General Tso chicken. 









The tart came out so creamy, and I might say, very tasty. I made a homemade crust and filled the tart with nothing but the filling. Baked it, and ate it. The tart was one of the best I ever made, thanks to the filling.







For my chicken, I made General Tso, and instead of the soy and other ingredients, I used the curd, on my cornstarch coated chicken. My family definitely wants it again. 






The next test was to taste the Key Lime Curd & Tart Filling. For this I made cupcakes. I not only used a few tablespoons in the dry mix, I used the remaining curd in my frosting. It made the cupcakes very moist, and kept you wanting more. The filling also made the homemade frosting smooth and creamy. You got the combined flavors of the key lime and sweet butter in every bite. I would also use this as a basting on chicken as well, possibly even a roast pork with some pineapple. However it is used, the end results will be the same, yummy. 







If you would like to know more about the company, and their many wonderful products, head over to their web site www.robertrothschild.com. You'll be glad you did.







Disclaimer: Momzblotter has personally reviewed the product listed above. Momzblotter has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Momzblotter did receive a free product to try out so Momzblotter could evaluate and use it for her review. Momzblotter's thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your opinions may differ.



No comments: