Monday, August 22, 2011

DIY Cornhusk arrangement

I love fall and I wanted to share with my readers, how to make a fall flower arrangement using corn husks. To start you will need the following:
  • Corn husks
  • Indian corn husks
  • Water
  • Bowl
  • Pins
  • Green florist's wreath
  • Florist's wire
  • Paper towel
  • Scissors












This is a great book for wreath tips. OK let's get started on our own DIY project using corn husks.

I love fall, it's one of my most favorite seasons. The colors, the smells, the food, I love it all. So I wanted to show how to make a great wreath using corn husks. This wreath looks great hanging on your front entrance door, or even making a few to hang on a fireplace. Where ever you choose to place it, it will look great and welcoming.


Step one: is to soak your husks in water for at least 30 minutes. After which you remove them and shake off any excess water. You then want to fold them in half and pin one layer around the outer edge of your florist
wreath. You then continue to pin until all is completely covered. Some husks may require a second pin. Step two: After that is done you want to stick your florist's wire stems into your wreath and make sure you secure them. Then place flowers all around to fill in your wreath. For extra glamore why not add some ribbons.



  

No comments: