Friday, October 26, 2012

Shelton's Products Review



Since 1924, Shelton's has been producing quality products. And they were gracious enough to send me several to try and blog about. The folks from Pomona Valley, South California sent me some Jerky as well as some canned goods from the farm. So let's get to tasting.






The turkey that is used in their products are all raised in open range pens for 26 weeks. They are antibiotic and artificial growth stimulant free. So you know what you are eating is all natural and safe. This is how they have done it since they began their business.



The first product the entire family tried was the chili. Cooked both ways, as a chili and as a hot dog topping, it was very tasty. We used the spicy Turkey Chili on, guess what? Some turkey dogs. As a topping it tasted fantastic. It was full of beans and veggies, and you could taste the spices in each bite you took. What's nice about this product is that it is already fully cooked so its just heat and eat. Great for on the run meals.



The mild turkey chili we ate in our soup bowls with a dab of sour cream on top. This two was full of beans and veggies, it makes for a great comfort meal on a cold day.



For another taste test was the Organic Chicken broth. It comes in fat free and low sodium, and salt and spices, versions. But the taste is like Grandma used to make in her Chicken soup recipes. What I cooked that my little one loves, is this. Some pasta with 1/2 cup of broth and a teaspoon of butter. This is how I get her to eat her pasta, and have ever since she was a little girl. I made three small bowls and gave it two her and she was my taster for the broths. I must say she enjoyed all three varieties. And if a kid loves it you know its good.



Last up was the turkey jerky. Ever since I opened the box, I had every one in the house arguing who was tasting it first. Needless to say, there is none left. The jerky was thinly sliced, which I like, and was very tasty with a great texture. This is another greatly made product, made with their turkey meat.



The final product was the canned chicken meat. How I used this was just like tuna. Added some mayo, chopped onion, and seasoning,and placed it onto some toasted Texas toast. That with some more chili and I had a complete meal for dinner. The chicken was chunky and was just delicious. It made a great sandwich, but I can say I would also use it in a salad.



If you would like more information on their great tasting products, check out their website at www.sheltons.com. There are plenty more items where these came from.


Disclaimer: Momzblotter has personally reviewed the product listed above. Momzblotter has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Momzblotter did receive a free product to try out so Momzblotter could evaluate and use it for her review. Momzblotter's thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your  opinions may differ.









No comments: