Friday, November 23, 2012

Marie Callender's Product Review


Today I received a box loaded with mix's from MarieCallender's. Loaded so much it will take a few days to taste and test each one. But first a little information on Marie Callender. Marie always believed from a early age that if you slowed down, especially with your cooking, you ended up with great tasting meals. Meals with special touches that would bring your family together at the dinner table.



So let's get started. It's Monday and the first product I am going to use is the Honey Butter cornbread and muffin mix.
For dinner I intend to fry some catfish up and serve some cornbread on the side. The package of this product is easy to open, and the ingredients easy to use. All you do is add some water and you have a great tasting Honey Butter corn bread. You can also use the same mix and make corn muffins. The mix can be made and cooked in the oven or the microwave. I chose the oven method. The cornbread tasted great. And for a added touch of the honey flavor after the cornbread was just a tad cool, I poured some honey over them. They were warm enough to still melt some butter on top. It was really a dinner time hit, and complimented the dinner just great. It was as if we were eating a meal down south.



It's Tuesday morning and I am going to use the Marie Callender's home-style pancake mix. Again, little other ingredients were needed with the mix, add some milk and oil and you have a smooth velvet pancake mix. The pouch size made the mix easy to use, and had instructions as all the pouches in English and Spanish. The pancakes tasted so rich and decedent. Everyone cleaned up their plates. Breakfast had that comfort food feeling.



For lunch I decided to use the Marie Callender's cheese biscuit mix. Again the pouch made the mix very easy to use. All I had to add was some milk and out came a great tasting biscuit. I cut them in half and placed some Swiss cheese and ham, in them, then put them back in the oven until the cheese melted. Yummy, was the word from everyone.


 Dinner this evening was stuffed pork chops. The stuffing was made with Marie Callender's original cornbread.



 I also had enough mix to make some stuffing for the side. The cornbread came out very moist and tasty. Again the only ingredient I had to add was water. The mix makes a great addition to the cook on the go, when they come home. Just open the pouch, add water, mix and bake. It doesn't get any easier than this.



Its Wednesday morning and I am excited to make some muffins. I am making three flavors that I received from Marie Callender's. First up, cranberry orange muffins.


 If only the computer had smell a read, the entire house smells of fresh baked muffins. The pouch size made just the right amount of muffins. Easy to use, just add some milk, salt, and one egg, and you get moist yummy tasting muffins.


The other flavor I decided to go with was the chocolate chip muffin mix. The mix was full of chocolate chips.


The muffins went great with a cup of coffee to. The pouch for the chocolate chip muffins again was easy and economical to use. You get just the right proportion. With one egg, milk and some butter, you get delicious muffins.


The last muffin for breakfast was the blueberry muffin. Again easy to make, with simple ingredients that are in every one's fridge. The muffins came out moist and at the same time firm. You got a mouthful of blueberries in every bite. Need I say how wonderful my entire house smelled. Well enough it woke everyone up. And boy were they surprised to see a muffin buffet for breakfast.



Its Thursday, Thanksgiving day and I plan on using the last four mix's. For breakfast I am making biscuits and gravy.


 The Marie Callender's all purpose biscuit mix really came through for me. All I had to do was add some water and I got a firm but flaky biscuit that was also moist inside. It held up to the gravy onto as well. It's going to be a great day with baking.



For after dinner I am making some breads out of the remaining muffin mixes. First up, some banana bread.


 For this recipe I am going to also add some walnuts. I served on the side some cream cheese. I only needed some milk, butter and one egg and I created the most moist and delicious banana nut bread ever. The second bread I made was Marie Callender's corn bread, with some whole kernel corn added. Again the product produced a moist bread that was so yummy with a pat of butter on top. The only thing left was the crumbs on the plate.


The last loaf of bread I made was the Marie Callender's multigrain mix. Instead of muffins for all three mix's I wanted the bread on my table. And these great 7oz package's made just the right size for all three breads.


 The multigrain muffin mix made a great tasting loaf bread just as all the others did. With some butter on top, the bread was tasty and oh so moist.



All these mix's were easy to open, and easy to use. They are great for the busy mom or dad, who doesn't have much time to bake when they get home. They use little ingredients to mix up, and the end result is great tasting additions to their meals any time of the day.



If you would like more information on products from Marie Callender's check out their website. They have many more products to offer, and some great recipe tips as well.






Disclaimer: Momzblotter has personally reviewed the product listed above. Momzblotter has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Momzblotter did receive a free product to try out so Momzblotter could evaluate and use it for her review. Momzblotter's thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your  opinions may differ.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this website. It's simple, yet effective.
A lot of times it's difficult to get that "perfect balance" between usability and visual appearance. I must say you've done a fantastic job with this.
Also, the blog loads very fast for me on Chrome. Exceptional Blog!


Look into my web-site ... samsung refrigerator repair parts