Friday, November 16, 2012

Saffron Road Product Review






I was so excited today to receive a special box from Saffron Road. Inside was several products for me to try out and review. I was really excited to get started. But before I do, let me tell you some info on this company.



Saffron Road is the pride and joy, of founder and CEO of Adnan Durrani. He made it his life's work to become a natural food pioneer. The end result were some of the product's I will be trying out, and letting you, my readers know all about.



I received three bags of crunchy chickpeas. Now I love chickpeas in my salad, and I must admit when I use them they come out of a can. So to see them dried was a first for me. So I used them in three ways.



The first bag was the Bombay spice crunchy chickpeas. For them, I made the first course of my dinner, a salad. I topped the salad with the chickpeas and it was bursting with flavor. The crunchy Bombay chickpeas are coated with and seasoned with, Bombay spices. The chickpeas, gave a great crunch factor to the salad. You were, also left with a burst of flavor in your mouth. The salad was a great hit, bite after bite. What's also great is the fact that the chickpeas are a great source of protein and are gluten free. Also they are certified Halal, and are made with organic chickpeas. The Bombay spice crunchy chickpeas do have a high heat level, but using them in salad made it balance out really well. It also gave the salad a bold colorful exotic look.



Next up I made some split pea soup and on top used the Falafel crunchy chickpeas. The heat level for these chickpeas are on a medium level. But with the soup it also was very well balanced out. The soup was nice and creamy and the chickpeas added the crunch factor. These chickpeas are also made with the fine ingredients as all the others. Also on a presentation level, the chickpeas offered a great contrast to the soup. For these chickpeas, the company immerses them with their secret falafel recipe, and this is what makes them so great not only for you, but for taste. 



On the side I placed the next chickpeas in some dishes with a small spoon as a snack. The heat level of these chickpeas were on the hot side. Well why wouldn't they be, they are the Wasabi crunchy chickpeas. Even with their heat level, they slowly over the course of the night disappeared. Made with the same ingredients as the others, they were a great snack hit. As you know Wasabi is a Japanese mustard, and is on the hot side. But when used correctly like in this product it can be a great impact of the food item. Great job, Saffron Road.



Along with the chickpeas, I was sent four simmering authentic Indian simmer sauce's. To taste them I made four mini meals, using two crock pots and two Dutch ovens. First up was the Rogan Josh simmer sauce. In the crock pot I made a beef stew. The sauce was easy to use and added unbelievable flavor. You didn't need many other ingredients for the recipe, the simmer sauce proved that for you. With just some stew meat and veggies I had a hearty tasty Indian inspired meal. The ingredients of these simmer sauce's are great for any one especially if you are a vegetarian. They are low in all nutritional facts. And as other products gluten free and no MSG. And what's best is that you can create a authentic continental dish in minutes.



For the Tikka Masala simmer sauce, I made in my Dutch oven some chicken Marsala. It came out so flavorful and creamy. Again the simmer sauce made it easy to make, and gave it a punch of flavor. Also it made the color of the dish rich and bright. This sauce is filled with tandoori spices and makes any dish you ad it to extraordinary.



For my second crock pot meal, I used the Moroccan Tagine simmer sauce and made a few lamb chops and veggies. This meal came out with a magical taste to it. The spices from the simmer sauce embedded deeply into the meat and veggies as well. It had the taste of true Moroccan delicacy. The meat fell off the bone, and the veggies were tender and flavorful. My house was full of culinary smells, that would make any one's taste buds want to eat.



Last up in my Dutch oven I made some chicken stew with the Lemongrass basil simmer sauce. The stew came out with tender flavorful chicken and veggies. The gravy was creamy and looked like velvet. The simmer sauce infused all the ingredients of my dish with a rich intense flavor. The combination of the Lemongrass and Thai Basil, really made this dish intense, and truly stand out.



If you would like to have your own international dinner, try these great products by visiting their website. There you can learn about their other products, and about them as well.






Disclaimer: Momzblotter has personally reviewed the product listed above. Momzblotter has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Momzblotter did receive a free product to try out so Momzblotter could evaluate and use it for her review. Momzblotter's thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your  opinions may differ.







No comments: