Monday, November 12, 2012





Today for review I received some spices along with some dips to try out. The company that sent them is called Chef-it-Up. Founded by three brilliant men, they created some great tasting products and seasonings so I was eager to get started.



Well having a Spanish husband I use alot of Adobe seasoning so I was really interested in trying a new one. So for this gourmet spice I made for dinner (Fri) some rice and black beans. 


The seasoning had a really great blend of spices to it, alot better tasting than what I usually use. I compared the two products side by side, and Chef-it-Up actually had the better ingredients. The rice was a big hit. So I think I will be switching my Adobe seasoning. For a appetizer this night I decided to make some dip with the Chipotle dip the company sent.



 I made homemade chips and the dip. Very easy to use, just add the mix to some sour cream and mayo, place in the fridge for one hour and you have a great dip. I topped the dip with some chopped cilantro, I also used the Jalapeno/Habanero dip and served that with some celery sticks.



 This dip also was easy to put together, add the same ingredients, sour cream and mayo and you have a intense flavorful dip. Dinner done, and a success.



Now on the next evening meal (Sat), I made some Ribs using the BBQ seasoning. I did not use any sauce for the ribs, just coated them with the seasoning as a dry rub, and wow. 


They were fantastic tasting. You get a touch of heat with a touch of sweet. Really great balance in the spices. For dessert that evening I decided to use the Butterscotch apple dip.


 Again easy to whip up, with some whip topping and whipped cream cheese. Stir, chill and ready to use. I cut up some red apple slices, and green apple slices and dipped away. Tasted just like a caramel apples.



Finally the weekend was winding down and I went for dinner on (Sun), with Chili and Beet tips. Along with some spinach dill dip for a appy. 


To start off the course I made a big bowl of chili with my new product. Again the Chili Mix was easy to use. I added it to my chili recipe, and I needed no other spices.


 What's also nice is that on each dip packet, or mix packet there is a recipe on the back. Next I made some tri-tips (steak) with the Chef-it-up steak seasoning. I coated the steak and let it sit for twenty minutes before sauteing. Yum, I also did not need any other spice but this one. The tips were juicy and really good, with a nice balance of peppery flavor, For that's nights appy, I made some dip with the spinach dill dip, and some rye bread.


This to was easy to whip up with some sour cream and mayo. I opened the top of some round rye bread, hollowed it out and poured the dip inside. With the hollow part I cut it into cubes and used them for the dipping. The dip was a great favorite that night.



My family was definitely in culinary heaven this weekend.

If you love to cook and want some great tasting seasonings, please go to this company's website, your taste buds will thank you.




They have great products that will compliment your spice rack, or be great for gift giving. Also while you are there check out the recipes they offer.





Disclaimer: Momzblotter has personally reviewed the product listed above. Momzblotter has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Momzblotter did receive a free product to try out so Momzblotter could evaluate and use it for her review. Momzblotter's thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your  opinions may differ.








No comments: