Monday, October 24, 2011

Dehydrated tomatoes

Dehydrated tomatoes, also known as sun dried tomatoes. If done the old fashion way, it could take days to make them. These dried tomatoes are great in recipes, with their sweet chewy texture. And eaten alone, make a wonderful good snack. If you are looking for a fast way to make them, you can, in the microwave. Once you dry them you are able to store them in a plastic container filled with olive oil. Here is how.

I find that plum tomatoes work best for dehydrating. I first cut each tomato in half. Then with a spoon I remove all the pulp as well as the seeds. With a large microwave plate, I then place the tomatoes single layered on the plate cut side down. Place the plate in the microwave and cook on high uncovered for 15 minutes. After that carefully turn the tomatoes over and cook again for 15 minutes. The next step is to remove the plate from the microwave and let sit at room temp for thirty minutes.

After that you can use them or store them.

  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your next post
thank you once again.

My web-site :: your anchor text ()