Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cuisinart Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor Review

For Christmas this year, my husband bought me the new Cuisinart Elite 12 cup food processor. I had seen the TV commercial for it several times. I wanted it really bad. I had the old version, and was looking forward to getting this one. It was so much nicer and did so much more. Cuisinart is one of the best MFG'S when it comes to processor's and other appliance's. I own several of them. They have several colors, but the stainless steal color matches my kitchen decor perfectly. My kitchen is a apple theme. And all my appliances are black and chrome. This processor fits perfectly on my counter right behind my cutting board.

The processor has a 4-cup work bowl that fits inside the big bowl, plus the adjustable 6-position slicing disc and reversible shredding disc. Also whats nice is that the disc's have finger holes in them so you don't get cut on the sharp edges. The two bowls are like having two processors in one! The lid also has a rubber seal for tight fitting, and preventing leaks. The blade that goes inside snaps in tight so when you take the bowl off and pour out your ingredients the blade stays put. It comes with a little extender when you use your blade in the 4cup bowl. The one disc for shredding has a reversible side for even smaller shredding so it's like getting two disc. It as a easy On/Off Locking System with Push-Button Release. It even came with a spatula made to fit the bowls.
You of course get your dough blade. A recipe book is also included with many great recipes. There is a DVD to watch for instructions, and even that has a few recipe idea's in it. As I said it comes in a few colors, die cast, white or black. I like the die cast, it matches my appliance's like I said. The motor is 1000 so it is very powerful. There are touch pad buttons on the control panel, the have blue LED lights. And of course you can't beat their warrant, ten year on the motor, and a three year limited warranty on all other matters. I think it is truly the best processor on the market today.

No comments: