Monday, March 16, 2020

JVB Pickle Review


Today I received some products from JVB Brothers, in Philadelphia PA. They sent five products over for me to taste and review. Three jars of pickles and two of their hot sauce. Before I get started here are a few facts about the company. They are as I said from Philadelphia PA., and are a pickling and hot sauce company. The company was started by two brothers, and have grown the business to a great success. 


So to taste the pickles and the hot sauce's, I grilled dinner indoors. To start off while the burgers grill, I made some appetizers. I took the hot sauces and made some dips. 


First I made a Jalapeno dip with JVB Brothers Jalapeno hot sauce. I chopped some cilantro and add it with some sour cream and the hot sauce, for a dip with tortilla chips. This made a nice spicy, and smooth dip, for the chips. The hot sauce itself has a nice fruity flavor from mango and lime ingredients, and a hot flavor from the Jalapeno's in the sauce. So I would call the dip sweet, then a slow hot on the palette. The sauce would taste great in many recipes, or by itself on meat. 


For the next appy, I took a block of cream cheese out to soften. While that got ready, I took the Habanero sauce and mixed into that some apricot preserves. The hot sauce already has orange juice in the ingredients, with the habanero's, so again sweet and then the heat. I then poured this over the block of cream cheese, and served. This was also a sweet, hot taste to the palette. Out of this world flavor.



When the burgers we're done, I used the pickles on two different ones. I used the baby gherkin garlic dill pickles on one burger. The pickles are mini cucumbers that are a great crunch, and gives a tangy taste to the palette. They really complemented the burger very well. These baby gherkin garlic dill pickles would also be great by them selves. We know, we had a handful while cooking! 


For the other burgers, I sliced the other two types which we're Kirby Garlic Dill, and the other was Persian Garlic Dill. They both accompanied the burger on the side, so we could taste them before added on top of the burger. The Kirby pickle is a crunchy cucumber that has less of a vinegar taste, but still having the JVB signature style. The Persian Garlic pickle has more of a full bodied vinegar tastes, and has some tang to it. Both would be great in many recipes, especially a relish. How ever you use them, they make a great hit any time you eat them.

For more info on the pickles and hot sauce's please visit the company at JVBBrothers.com.

Buy them for yourself, or pass on as a great gift.



Disclaimer: Momzblotterrantz's has personally reviewed the product listed above. Momzblotterrantz's has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Momzblotter did receive a free product to try out so Momzblotterrantz's could evaluate and use it for her review. Momzblotterrantz's thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your opinions may differ.

No comments: