Monday, March 28, 2011

Chicken Scratch LLC Review

Today I received five sample jars of jelly and jam from Chicken Scratch LLC. A company started by two neighbors with a chance meeting at culinary school. The business came into full bloom in 2006. The company specializes in gourmet gift baskets and cakes.

The first jar I tasted was the crawfish pepper jelly. I tested and tasted it alone first, then over some cream cheese spread on a cracker. It was a spicy pepper jelly, with seafood seasonings, clove, black pepper, thyme, marjoram and other spices. I really enjoyed the flavor.



Next the family tyred the peach and pineapple jam, you could taste the fresh peaches and pineapples with tropical spices. It was great on the pork chops I had made for dinner. After grilling them, I brushed the jam on each one. It tasted fantastic.



My little one before bed had the banana butter jam on toast with peanut butter. She loved it. So much she asked to have it for breakfast. It is a nice tasting jam that is made by slowly cooking bananas with brown sugar. This is obvious in the taste, that it was made with love.

The next sample was the peach pepper jelly, a peach tasty goodness. My husband made a little BBQ sauce for my chicken tomorrow and I plan on using it that way. But my taste test with it was over cream cheese. I just love any good jam over cream cheese. The spice was just the right amount, nothing overwhelming.

The last jar was the blackberry pepper jelly, I saved this for my daughter when she got home from work. She loved the taste, spicy with fresh blackberries. She is on a diet and eats alot of pork or chicken, so she decided to use it on her chicken breast. The chicken was grilled, and basted with the blackberry pepper jelly. I tasted a piece when it was done, and I must tell you it was delicious.





I also received some Cajun dill dip mix to try. My daughter made this to take to work tomorrow, and share with her co-workers. To make is easy, just combine the mix packet with one cup sour cream or mayo and refrigerate four to six hours before you serve. It makes about two cups. So with it she is taking some nacho chips and potato chips. I know it will be enjoyed.

The last item was birthday cake cheeseball mix. This you combine the packet with 8oz of soft cream cheese and then you roll it in nuts or cookie crumbs. Need I tell you what we had for dessert tonite. Heavenly is the only way to describe it.

I wanted to use the pictures courtesy of the Chicken Scratch website so my readers could see some of the other great products they have.

They have other products like meal mixes, dessert mixes, as well as the one's above.

If you would like to visit their website for more information on buying their products go to http://www.chickenscratchllc.com/ . You will find some great information there.


 Disclaimer: Momzblotter has personally reviewed the product listed above. Momzblotter has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Momzblotter did receive a free product to try out so Momzblotter could evaluate and use it for her review. Momzblotter's thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your  opinions may differ.









  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chicken Scratch is the best! I live down here and get all my cakes from them!