Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Michaels of Brooklyn Pasta Sauce Review

I received some Pasta Sauces today from Michael's of Brooklyn. A family owned and operated business in Brooklyn NY.

You surely do not have to ask me twice to eat Pasta. It can be cold, hot, even right from the can. So when these food item's came. It gave me a good excuse to have Pasta again after just having it this past Sunday.


I received four jars, marinara, putanesca,arrabbiata, and tomato and basil. So what do I do with all of them. Try them all ! I made a pot of pasta and divided it into four bowls, and poured a little sauce on each. Wow, these are better than Grandmothers. The marinara, was tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, olive oil, and spices. The balance of all the flavors was out of this world. It smelled just like I was making it from scratch in my own kitchen. The next was arrabbiata, it's a spicy sauce balanced with Italian flavors. The ingredients of hot peppers, garlic, basil, parsley and olive oil. Our standing taste. Not only does this make a great pasta sauce, but it would taste great on fish. The third was tomato and basil, with this bowl I shredded a little mozzarella cheese on top. Once again the flavors we're awesome. This pasta sauce would be great in a large variety of recipes. I have to say my favorite out of the four was the putanesca. Italian tomatoes like the other, olive oil, anchovies, parsley, basil, capers and other spices. A great sauce to add shell fish to and serve over pasta. I really have to say how much I loved this one. You don't find to many pasta sauce's that have olive oil in them.

Not only can you buy these products on their website but you can visit their restaurant. Everything used in their products is of the finest ingredients. To learn more about them and how to order these great sauce's, visit
 www.michaelsofbrooklyn.com


 Disclaimer: Momzblotter has personally reviewed the product listed above. Momzblotter has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Momzblotter did receive a free product to try out so Momzblotter could evaluate and use it for her review. Momzblotter's thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your  opinions may differ.

No comments: