Saturday, April 2, 2011

Licorice International Candy Review

I received some licorice today from Licorice International. Another USA business, that is located in Lincoln NE. They sell over 160 different types of Licorice from twelve countries. Not only do they offer Licorice, they have chocolates and gourmet foods, and candy dishes.

They sent me several types of Licorice to try, the first one was tested by my husband. It was the Kookaburra Black Twist from Australia. I didn't need to ask him how he liked it, his face said it all. The Kookaburra Black is made from authentic licorice root extract. He said it tasted great, and reminded him of childhood memories, of when he ate licorice as a young boy. You can also put a piece of this great tasting licorice in a cup of coffee for a gourmet taste. That is my test taste to do for sure.


Next I let my nine year old taste the red Licorice from kookaburra, she loved it. The strawberry flavored Licorice was a big hit with her. What kid doesn't love strawberry, and then to have it in candy form, you just can't go wrong. The special way this candy is made is what gives it a soft texture. These Licorice would make a great gift for anyone.


Next my other daughter tyred the Tire Tread from Finland. She loved pulling the Licorice apart. And she especially loved the flavor.
I personally tyred the Cinnamon Dollars from USA. The cinnamon taste was bold and spicy, but not over whelming. I loved them, and I surely could have ate the whole bag my self. I did drop a piece into a hot cup of coffee and it was fantastic.
With the products to review, they sent a sample of Pontefract Cakes, everyone tasted these and loved the flavor.
If you would like to try any of these items and learn more of what they have to offer check their website out at http://www.licoriceinternational.com/ . They have a great website, with many great tasting treats, and full of information as well.
 Disclaimer: Momzblotter has personally reviewed the product listed above. Momzblotter has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Momzblotter did receive a free product to try out so Momzblotter could evaluate and use it for her review. Momzblotter's thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your  opinions may differ.

No comments: